Sunday 5 June 2011

Noah Derek

This is my Noah, my sweet little boy whos is already bigger than his big brother Isaiah. While I was pregnant with Isaiah I swore I was going to adopt my next child as I hated being pregnant so much .Well 9 mths after having Isaiah I decided I could do it again and of course got pregnant right away.I never had a problem getting pregnant ,just "staying" pregnant. This pregnancy was just as awful as my pregnancy with Isaiah was, I had all the same horrible symptoms and even though everything looked fine on the ultrasounds I still couldnt relax and stop worrying that something would go wrong.I wasnt worried about this baby having Down syndrome at all as I already knew that I could handle that.We were already living with DS and it was not so bad,Isaiah was such an awesome baby and we loved him so much we knew we could handle another child with DS. I was worried about everything else that could go wrong.Once you have achild with special needs and realize that everything doesnt  happen exactly the way you expect it to ,you also start to think about how much worse things could be and consider yourself lucky that your child has Down syndrome ,once you spend 3 wks in a NICU you realize that some babies and families have a much harder road to follow. Some of the families that I met while in the NICU were not lucky enough to be able to bring their beautiful babies home.I wish that I could have enjoyed being pregnant but I also know that I am lucky to have 2 beautiful perfect in their own way happy little boys.

2 comments:

  1. Having a child with anything "different" then what you expected to have seems to change you and how you think...I am a completely different person then I was before I had Maddie...and slowly I have found that she has helped change me for the better...I am loving the getting to know you, Isaiah and now Noah...they sure are perfect little guys...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% with you.I am a totally different person now as well.I look at everyone and everything different and count my blessings everyday. Your kids are beautiful.Thank you for taking the time to get to kow us :O)

    ReplyDelete